Before I start let me clarify that I am not normally a negative person. I am positive, most of the time. But ya know, sometimes when things suck and keep sucking you just can't hold it in any longer!! So, this is my spill for the first two months of the year. I promise to be positive... for awhile anyway. :)
WORST THINGS OF 2011
- SPELL CHECK
- So this one is kind of a LOVE/HATE relationship.
- I love, lust over my iPhone... but the spell check is starting to P!$$ me off! I have all kinds of random words pop up for automatic suggestions. I mean, seriously, I have sent some ridiculous texts lately.
- Not to mention, that when I go to type in 'texting' it switches to 'testing' Ummmm HELLO?! Does anyone else see something wrong with this? I am TEXTING?! Wouldn't that be a popular word in spell check?!
- And by the way... I somehow set this automated 'voice' to tell me what I 'meant' to type... She is loud and kind of annoying. No, I don't know how to get it off. Yes, I am going to the Apple Store to get help. Don't Judge me. This is my blog.
- Need I really say more?! I mean, seriously... it is never ending. Apparently I was ignorant to think that I would ever get a way from this. I really don't understand why people can't just mind their own business?!! If someone, anyone reading this blog feels the same way... I am asking you to please reach out. AND If I am the only person on this earth dealing with drama of all sorts, please tell me I am The.Only.Person.
- Now, let me back up and explain what I mean by this... I am not talking about rumors and horrible things happening. I am simply discussing the little nit-picky things people set their sights on and just WILL NOT leave alone.
- While teaching recently, I caught myself getting into the middle of two girls and boy with 'drama.' I simply said, "I have told you since the beginning of the year, leave your drama at my door. Get over it. Move on." Well, apparently that is easier said than done. Because here I am complaining about it. Hypocrite... I know.
- Again, probably an obvious term. I have yet to reap any benefit from filing income taxes. I totally dread writing a check to the IRS. Well, you are probably thinking... fix your w-2?! I know, I know... it is our fault! But, not really. No one ever told me how taxes and deductions work. So, this year J and I finally figured things out for ourselves. Next year, WILL be a better year come tax season. Enough said.
- I try not to mix my personal life and my career, especially here on the internet. But, sometimes it is inevitable. Being a teacher isn't just a job, it is a career, a way of life, a way of thinking. It.Is.Never.Ending.
- In case some of you aren't aware of the education situation right now, I HIGHLY encourage you to do some research. Believe me, you won't have to look far. It is everywhere right now. Of course, I would even further encourage you to look into Florida's predicament with the education budget cuts and changes. Two words to describe all of it right now........... IT SUCKS.
- So, the Situation (haha... Jersey Shore...no pun intended) is on my mind a lot lately.
- It is stressful.
- I am a planner, and all of these changes don't do well for my 'plan' that I have had all along.
I know that I just had a major pessimistic moment. But, the truth is, I think that we all need to 'let it all hang out' a little more often. I feel that so many times people are afraid of expressing their feelings for fear of what people/friends/family might think. Honestly, if someone really truly cares about you, they understand, they are there to listen to you, and they probably aren't all surprised when your feelings come pouring out. Sometimes, it is just a necessity of life.
But most of all...
They are supportive.
They cry with you.
Make you laugh.
And to my 'people' that are always there for me, thank you for loving me.
Even if I might be a little crazy at times. ;)