Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 11, 2011

Let's Play Catch Up... AGAIN!!

I know I know, I am again getting way behind on my blogging. BUT I am NOT apologizing this time. Why would I? No more saying I am sorry when I don't really mean it. Remember, this blog is for me, an outlet of my thoughts, a way for me to journal our bizilife together as a young couple with no children. I am sure that over the years my blog, topics of choice and content at times will change over the years as our life's priorities do... we will see.

Where have I been? Well, BIZI!!! (Get it... the name of our blog...) This is where you say, okay corny joke number 5,397 of the year. I can't help it. :)

We have been doing all those wonderful things 20 something year olds do... No, not party... well maybe a little bit. ;)

Let's see...
We had our very first Teacher's Spring Break together this year. We had an amazing week of doing pretty much NOTHING! We went camping to one of our favorite places in St. Augustine, Anastasia State Park. I highly recommend this place to anyone. It is peaceful, clean, and above all else... BEAUTIFUL! It was just John, me, our little tent, and the campfire. (Yes, you heard me... I sleep in a tent... occasionally.)
Anyways, here are some photos of our month(s)...

 Yes. Oh Yes. Peaceful. Good Music. Nice Weather.


Our FAVORITE RESTAURANT in St. Augustine...


We went to the Kenny Chesney Concert with my parents.
Fun oh fun!!!






Tried out a couple new recipes in the month of March and April

St. Patty's Day Guinness Cupcakes

Baby Shower Cupcakes!! Gotta love a baby girl on the way. :)

Petite Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Bliss Icing

CakePoPs!!! Yummo! Or so I heard...

And I seriously think that this is ONE of the most RIDICULOUS things I have ever seen... GROSS!!!


I Found a NEW favorite snack... and it is healthy!


My sister and I took our very first Sister's Beach Getaway... We had a great time!! It was so nice to get to spend time with her. We are just enough years apart that one of us was always in the middle of some sort of 'transition' in life. College, Marriage, working in Hawaii, Having a baby, work, etc. Finally... our lives slowed down just ENOUGH for us to find the time to go away, just the two of us and catch up.
Yes, we talk and text often, but it just isn't the same. 
My mom always told us that we would always have each other, no matter what. "Sisters are ALWAYS there for one another!" She would say after we argued and hit and made nasty faces at each other.  Then my mom would MAKE us hold hands and hug and make up... I used to think how ridiculous... But, now, more than ever, I am so thankful for my mom instilling making us see that kind of bond like no other. I love my sister in a way I love no other person. We share feelings and life experiences that no other person can share with us. We have been through so much and in the END, she is still there. Bad times and GOOOOOOOODDDD... which was exactly what this weekend was! We made so many memories and have many infamous 'quotes' from the time spent together. :)



Yes, I am a little embarrassed to admit that I own a shirt that has this on it... Best part... It says Spring Break '11... haha. Oh memories.


Anyways,
That is it for now... like I said before, I was a little busy. So, no apologies for not being the best blogger in the world. :)
Hope to here from you ALL soon!!

1 comment:

  1. Love you too :) Thanks for commenting on my blog... you might be my only commenter ever haha! I'm so glad you and your sister got to go to the beach together - you know how much I love both of you! Miss you lots, keep writing!

    ReplyDelete