Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer is Almost Over... :(

For the past three summers that John and I have been married I have always made a 'summer' to do list of things I wanted to accomplish while I am off for the summer... For the past three years I never get everything done on my list. But, isn't that the point of making a checklist? I feel as though the people that rely and depend on a 'list' always have one going, and going, and going. It doesn't matter if the list is for home, the grocery store, or for school, the list just keeps on forming!
Well, this summer I was determined to get something accomplished! I set out with a list such as:

  1. Paint our bedroom and bathroom
  2. Get our 'guest' room (aka the junk room) setup and decorated
  3. Plant more flowers in our hummingbird/butterfly garden
  4. Go through my clothes (to get ready for back to school shopping, of course!)
  5. Organize our desk full of piles an piles of papers to be filed
Did I complete these things??? No.
In some sort of way, I did attempt to do something on each one...
  1. Paint our bedroom and bathroom...
    1. Well, this idea was immediately shot down by my husband who claims that we have newly painted cream walls and there is NO sense in repainting them :(
  2. Get our 'guest' room (aka the junk room) setup and decorated
    1. Well, I did spend two afternoons in there, but I sort of lost focus and stopped. ABRUPTLY. and moved on to spending time decorating frames to hang in that room. However, I am not blaming this all on myself... the furniture that is supposed to go in there is still sitting at my mom's house. See? I said it wasn't completely my fault.
  3. Plant more flowers in our hummingbird/butterfly garden
    1. Well we bought  all sorts of flowers.. they are still alive, thank goodness, but not so much planted in the ground... yet.
  4. Go through my clothes (to get ready for back to school shopping, of course!)
    1. Yay! Finally, something I did accomplish. Although I feel like this is something that is always on that never ending to do list...
  5. Organize our desk full of piles an piles of papers to be filed
    1. Check this one off too! Wahoo!! I even found a huge check that my dental insurance had mailed me!! See, it pays off to open up the BCBS statements and file them! This day was a GREAT day!

So this was my list and it still in a sense is, BUT THE MORE IMPORTANT THING here is that I made a sort of life list of things I wanted to learn to do, become better at, or just accomplish! I am not quite ready to share my entire list, but I will share three of the things that I have attempted...

  • Paint/Draw: I have always loved to paint and draw things, but have lost that opportunity to do those things with life happening all the time, but this summer I am proud to say that I have dabbled a bit in the painting department. These pictures are nothing fabulous, but I am proud!
This is a picture of a baby train. I got this train from my grandmother that she had received from my great-grandmother who had found it at a yard sale. NO. I am not expecting a baby. But, my mom had asked me if I would paint it so that my family could use it at all the wonderful baby showers we always have at my grandparents' farm.


These next two pictures are my paintings on a clay bought we had bought from Lowes. Our plan is to plant one of our rose bushes in it so it can 'spill' out into the garden bed.


  • The next work in progress off of my life list is BAKING!! YUMMO! Which you can see a few sneak peaks from previous blog posts! I can honestly say that I truly love to bake and decorate!
  • The THIRD thing I have started to get into this summer is PHOTOGRAPHY. Taking pictures is something that John and I both have so much fun doing! Since this post is soooo long, I will save my photography project for the next post... which will include my adorable sister, who is a mommy-to-be! Oh yea, and some pics from our New Orleans trip too! ;) 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment