Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 24, 2010

To Yard Sale or NOT too Yard Sale?!?

The thought of a yard-sale or garage-sale has always intrigued me. I mean, who doesn't want to go out in the morning, before the heat, and come home with TONS of good deals... RIGHT? Well, this never seems to happen to me...

After a loooonnnnggg early Saturday morning of not being able to find ANY yard sale that was advertised in the stinkin paper, my mamma and I decided that we are more of 'antique-ing' gals or shopping for things that look old, but are much easier to find, like persay... somewhere that is air conditioned and easy to locate: a STORE!


HOWEVER, we did happen to find an estate sale that was supposedly going to have all sorts of antique furniture, china, books, records, etc.
This is when I realized that it isn't so much finding all these yard sales and getting a bunch of things, it all pays off when you finally find ONE really good thing!
My good find: a pair of beautiful antique chairs from the mid 1800's. For those of you that know furniture lingo (That is, if there is anyone actually reading this!) the chairs have the rush seating, hand painted floral design on the thumb back seats. Here is a picture, see for yourself!

There is tons more of the history behind these chairs, but I wont bore anyone else. Besides, I still have three more posts I am looking forward to doing: summertime hobbies, my sister's maternity shots and our New Orleans trip.

1 comment:

  1. I love them! We've been looking for antique chairs as well - it's fun, huh?!

    ReplyDelete